Does the Ferguson Effect really exist? Are police officers affected by implicit racial biases? Why are blacks disproportionately shot by police when compared to their population size? Ph.D. and University of Louisville Professor Justin Nix highlights the current research available on these hot topics, what it tells us, and where we need to look for truth on these important issues.
How you can reach Justin:
- Twitter: @jnixy
- E-Mail: Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles Mentioned in this Episode:
- Washington Post: Study finds police fatally shoot unarmed black men at disproportionate rates: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/study-finds-police-fatally-shoot-unarmed-black-men-at-disproportionate-rates/2016/04/06/e494563e-fa74-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html?tid=sm_tw
- Reverse Racism Effect: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/1745-9133.12187/asset/capp12187.pdf;jsessionid=5FAA4AC20F5FCAE2B0406642F6CC67AC.f03t04?v=1&t=ivsfwux1&s=bd7cc998b694d2a3e410bc7f5b6d55731484e6f1
For your free audiobook go to: http://www.audibletrial.com/PoliceAcademyPodcast
For amazing 5.11 gear go to: http://track.flexlinks.com/a.ashx?foid=1082190.1995893&fot=9999&foc=1
If you want to interact with me, ask questions, or stay in the loop, follow Police Academy Podcast on Facebook and/or Twitter. You can also find the blog at policeacademypodcast.com/blog and the YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/c/Policeacademypodcast.
If you’d like to support Police Academy, there are 4 ways you can do so:
- Subscribe to the podcast and YouTube channel
- Rate and review the show by searching it on iTunes and clicking the reviews tab
- Share with friends and family through social media and everyday conversation
- Donate: This is a full-time job so any financial support helps out tremendously. Go to the website to donate directly to Police Academy. Even just a buck a show goes a long way toward keeping Police Academy on the air and in the mix.
Thank you; for your support, love and for some of you, hate mail. Which reminds me, if you have questions, comments, concerns, gripes, bunched up britches, or complaints, email: email@example.com
Do Good || Be Strong || Fear Nothing